It's not funny anymore!

November 3, 2007

Cherry (a good friend of mine) and I had an amateur photo shoot in my grandmother's house and this photo scared me to death!

The theme of the shoot was supposed to be about the skinny jeans, but reality was the only theme I got. Frightening as it sounds, reality is not looking so good.

My boyfriend has always been serious in telling me I'm super skinny but I never considered it a serious thing since all I could think of blaming are my genes. Everyone in my family's thin, but of course not as emaciated as I am so I considered myself normal.



But looking at this picture, knowing I only weigh 48 kilograms being 5'9" in height, and noticing my hair is drying (not because of the daily torture from styling), only a moron would consider me normal.

When I was able to fit into the skinny jeans I was wearing in the shoot, I had smiles up to my ears. Who knew I could fit into a 27! But now, it's not funny anymore! Seriously!

The world should be focusing more on healthy lifestyles! Hard to be hit with this reality, but everywhere you try to eat is inviting you to unhealthy meals; everywhere you turn, a store loaded with cigarettes allows minors to purchase such dangerous sticks; and no one seems to be making a big deal out of the possible accidents or violence to be caused by alcohol.

A voice is carried out, but more should be heard!

I have a check-up with one of my neurologists in Sta. Mesa this coming November 9 and frankly, I'm terrified. So terrified that it's the first time I cried about such thought. Scared that they might find another clot in my brain and I have to go in for another surgery. The last one was traumatizing enough, I don't need another one.

Then I had a thought. Why not be as brave as I've been on the first surgery I've had where no nerves attacked me at all. The absence of fear surprised most of my family since I had always been the drama king queen. Then I realized. The fear was not from knowing that something is present again and that I have to go through another surgery, it was from knowing how others feel about it and how devastated they would be.

I mean, sure, they've told me about how every step of the way went during the first one. From how I've collapsed naked in bathrooms twice in two different occasions, to sending me to Manila in an Ambulance from Dagupan, and up to the part where I exited the operating room after 19 hours of surgery. But knowing that now, makes me feel for those people. Not to mention, I have my boyfriend to think about which I fear most. I've always made it a point not to hurt him, and with him knowing about it, I know it would break his heart.


Why is that only when our health is at stake do we take preventive measures? Why didn't we listen to the good ol' saying, "An ounce of prevention is better than an ounce of cure"?

So I think the best way to deal with this is by having a list! Having your to-do's jotted down and knowing which is accomplished is very effective for me. So here's my health list:

1. By January '08, I should weigh more than 55 kg. Just a little trivia, from the time I was born, I never surpassed 48kg.

2. No smoking, No alcohol, and No drugs

3. More sleep! I've heard once on television that you really don't need 8 hours of sleep. It's the quality of the sleep that should be tested and not the quantity. By 11pm, I should be asleep (examination week exempted).

There! 3 should be fine for now. I think keeping these three going could save me from Php800,000 worth of surgery for the next 50 years.

If I have learned anything from this experience, aside from the fact that anorexic models like moi should never be doing such shoots ever again, is to never take your health for granted. If you have the resources to stay healthy, then take action, it could save your life.

Looking forward to a healthier me and you!

Over and Out!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing you finally realized how healthy lifestyle differs from being vain...

Its time to redeem yourself bhebhe...

Im praying that you'll have a favorable result by friday... love yah!