Is it really that big a deal?... Good photography if you ask me

November 5, 2007

Is it really that big a deal?...

The Board!

The word is just torture to my ears!

My mom and i had been arguing about the board for a couple of days now and she pulled my last string this time around.

Okay, you might be asking yourselves WTF am I talking about?

It's the board exams. What every self-confessed nursing student must go through to be a certified and registered nurse. Apparently according to her, I must have it too.

Maybe it's better if I put it into scripts.

Mom: Let's talk shall we. What are your plans?

Me: I wanna cut hair.

Mom: You just want to stay this way forever?

Me: Stay as what?

Mom: Don't you want to earn 2.8 million a year?

Me: I don't care if I earn that much or nothing at all. I find it a waste

Mom: Why would it be a waste?

Me: Why should I go through all that when I won't even practice that profession?

Mom: It's not that I am against cutting hair, but I just want you to have options.

Me: Then what is your problem with me cutting hair?
Mom: I don't know who you are anymore. I don't know what you want to do with your life

---walkout from Mom---
What's up with that?!

She left with nothing resolved. How immature!

I did the walkout thing with my friends and/or classmates before but grew out of it somehow. I've learned that the best way to handle a situation is with open communication and and open mind. I can't believe that my mom would just walk out on me like that and leave me fucked up!

First of all, I'm okay with the thought of having options in life, but hello! I gave up my passion for singing just because she wasn't okay with it, saying that it's a temporary job with no shelf life. I won't do that again to my passion for cutting hair! Never!

The thing is, the last time we've talked regarding my future, and God give me another blood clot in the head if I'm lying, she told me to just give her a degree and I can do anything I want. And now what? A degree is followed by an exam that is way too expensive that we could hardly afford?

Secondly, she keeps on saying that they could make ways in giving us that money for the review. I'm no blind, but I am fully aware of what we can afford and I'm done with them borrowing money just so they could do these things. I appreciate the effort and all, but frankly, after all the review and exam I'd be doing? What is it all for? I have, over the years, learned the value of education, but is my choice saying it isn't? Why not just spend it on something that could help me in the future with the career of my choice, right?

Lastly, I believe I am old enough to make personal decisions such as this on my own. My boyfriend has always told me that you should always fight for your beliefs especially if it's what's right, and i know THIS is what's right.

Final decision: I'm not taking that board! A stylist could never use it for anything.

Good photography if you ask me...

Here's a couple of amateur photographs I took with my Sony Ericsson P990i. Great quality I believe!





Over and Out!

1 comments:

Macky said...

well, my parents told me to take up nursing as my pre-medicine course. so i consented to their plan and i took their promise that they will help me in taking up medicine. and what happened few hours after my graduation? my mother told me, "kung magmemedicine ka anak, ikaw na lang magpa-aral sa sarili mo." So i said, okay. no choice... a nurse here can't afford to pay the tuition fees of a medicine school. so here i am weighing my chances, even compromising my dreams.

anyway, i know you're happy doing what you really like. people who follow their hearts end up successful because they do their craft with passion.