Delectable Edible #001: City de Luxe (Sinigang na Baboy and Halo-halo)

October 24, 2007

This is my first delectable edible post so I hope I somehow could be of help to my hometown's best picks. I don't get paid for creating a review on this restaurant or any of my future entries just to let you guys know, so all these reviews are as real as it could get. No sugar coating, no plastics whatsoever!

My baby and I have been dining at City de luxe (downtown branch. there's another one in Tapuac) for quite some time now and we always seem to come back for their tasty dishes.

City de Luxe has one of the finest taste in home-cooked meals but somehow lacks in giving this spirit with their serving. The ambiance of the place alone feels 2 out of 5 stars since they could certainly do better with the arrangement.

Anyways...

For starters we ordered something out of the usual buttered chicken (to be reviewed next time) and tried their Sinigang na Baboy.




The sour sampalok definitely invites your tongue to indulge in the warmth of the soup till you're ready for the pork and the vegetables. The vegetables were all cooked perfectly, some were half-cooked while others were well done, just the way they were suppose to.

This dish would have been the perfect sinigang, but sadly, I'd only give it 4 out of 5 stars.

The part of the pig used was not suited for the dish. Usually, the tummy part (haha, I'm not familiar with the specific terms) best suits the dish. I don't know why they chose to do otherwise.




After binging on the main course, we went to dessert! Halo-halo anyone?

Halo-halo is one of Philippines' original dessert. Several variations have been made and City de luxe's offer is your typical serving. With that said, I don't recommend this at all! Save yourself!





Just by looking at the serving glass, you just know it's bad! That is a drinking glass, not a halo-halo glass! Shame shame shame!

Next big mistake, ICE! Every Filipino knows crushed ice comes with this treat, but once again, de Luxe has failed us. They used the kind of ice that was like chiseled or hammered into small pieces resulting to a melted cold treat. They should be imprisoned by now if this was a crime! (okay, I may have overreacted on that one)

The ingredients are not up to par as well. In fact, I don't even want to individually point out the wrong ones so I'll just end it here.

Final judgment on the halo-halo: 0 out of 5 stars

I'll be back for their chicken dishes though, you simply could not go there and not order it!

Over and Out!

0 comments: